Friday, May 30, 2014

I don't have the slightest doubt that LK Advani, Rajnath Singh, Arun Jaitley, Sushma Swaraj, Nitin Gadkari and Ananth Kumar, were against Modi becoming the PM, it is true. Specially Arun Jaitley and Sushma Swaraj.


Said : Ram Jethmalani, a renowned lawyer and politician who has served as India's Union Law Minister and as Chairman of Bar Association. 

"Narendra Modi is keeping his enemies close to him by alloting them key ministries," he added.  

He revealed these facts in an interview with Krishna Kumar which is published in the Economic Times of 29 May, 2014.

When asked about his absence at the swearing ceremony of Narendra Modi as PM, Jethmalani said : "I had got an invite but chose not to go, I clearly wrote to Modi that I don't want to be in the presence of these people because it would bring out anger and contempt in me." 

"I think he appreciated my reason for not coming," he said acknowledging that he had received a call from Modi after he wrote to him.

Two years ago, Jethmalani wrote an article titled "The rise and rise of tomorrow’s Prime Minister Narendra Modi,' in which he quoted : 
"Today, vast sections of civil society see in Narendra Modi the next Prime Minister of India. I hope he will plant more visible footprints on the international seashore. He has to speak of peace and a durable solution to the Kashmir problem with the rulers of Pakistan."
"I felt fulfilled the day Modi took oath as Prime Minister and on 16th when the results were announced," Jethmalani said in yesterday's interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. The publication of the comments are subject to the admin approval.